- 2 oz. of Lyon Dark Rum.
- .5 oz. of Pickett’s. Hot & Spicy Ginger Beer.
- .5 oz. of Lyon Curaçao.
- Add ice to a Collins glass.
- Add the ingredients to Collins in the order listed above.
- Stir gently with bar spoon.
- Garnish with Lime Wheel.
Lyon Distilling Company is a micro distillery located in Saint Michaels, Maryland, steps from the Chesapeake Bay. Founded in 2012, the distillery launched with a signature line of rums paying tribute to the rich, spirited traditions of the Eastern Shore.
If you get the chance to visit St. Michael’s, you should visit the distillery and meet Ben Lyon and Jaime Windon. You will get a chance to taste some of their samples and experience Jaime’s and Ben’s passion for their product.
- 1.5 oz. Ultra Smooth Diplomatico Rum.
- 1 oz. In house made simple syrup (Gran Marnier, orange, vanilla, & cinnamon).
- 1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice.
- 1 oz. of Egg Whites.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Then add the ingredients in the order listed above.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into Coupe Glass.
- Garnish with a fresh Lemon Twist.
Mezze is located in Fells Point. It is known for serving traditional Greek inspired Mediterranean Tapas. Mezze has developed quite a craft cocktail menu.
This cocktail is a Daiquiri based classic cocktail, very smooth flavors. In house simple syrup with Gran Marnie, orange peel, vanilla, & cinnamon, blended with the smooth Diplomatico Rum. This is an anytime cocktail.
- 1.5 oz. of Bluecoat Gin.
- 2 Fresh Blackberries.
- 2 Fresh slices of Jalapenos.
- Dash of Simple Syrup.
- .5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- .75 oz. of Pimm’s Liqueur.
- Using an Old Fashioned Glass, add the Bluecoat Gin, Blackberries, Jalapenos & Simple Syrup.
- Then muddle the ingredients.
- Then add some ice.
- Add the Lemon Juice and Pimm’s Liqueur.
- Stir with Barspoon.
Our bartender in this video is Jessica Dupree of Bar Liquorice. Jessica is the bar manager at Bar Liquorice and you will be seeing more of her. Jessica’s knowledge behind the bar should put any customer at ease when they are seeking any style of beverage. She understands the nuances of blending alcohol, which should please any customer that walks through the door of Bar Liquorice.
This Signature Cocktail is sweet on the front and spicy in the back. The lemon juice gives it a slightly tart flavor under the sweet and spicy flavor. The Pimm’s Liqueur pulls everything together to give it a full bodied drink. The botanicals in the Bluecoat Gin are subtle and smooth.
- 1.25 oz. El Dorado 12 year old Rum.
- .75 oz. Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.
- .25 oz. of San Marzano Liqueur.
- .5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- 3 Dashes of Orange Bitters.
- Add the ingredients to a shaker with ice in the order listed above.
- Shake ingredients vigorously.
- Double strain into a Martini Glass.
- Garnish with foam and grated nutmeg.
How to make the foam:
- Take the spring from a Hawthorne strainer, place it in a shaker.
- Add .5 oz. of egg whites. 1 large egg is 1 oz. (2 tablespoons). So you can either take out 1 tablespoon or buy a cartoon of egg whites.
- Add .75 oz. of Evolution Brewing Jacques All Lantern.
- .25 oz. of Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.
- Shake really vigorously.
- Float over bar spoon.
- Garnish the foam with freshly grated nutmeg.
Birroteca is a pretty cool restaurant located in Clipper Mill. It has a unique location, an old industrial area of Baltimore called Clipper Mill. Birroteca is known for its Artisan Pizza and Italian Cuisine, it is worth the visit.
Nick who is in the video, uses the same creativity in his cocktails that he uses in ceramic arts. Nick has been in several videos already, so be sure try those as well. Nick Ramey is the creator of this delicious Signature Cocktail and many of the other cocktails you will find at Birroteca. Like many of the bartenders we work with his knowledge of the different brands of alcohol and how they mix with other ingredients is extensive. So you are pretty much guaranteed to get a great cocktail.
This Signature Cocktail is a perfect cocktail for the fall and Halloween Parties. The cocktail has a nice balance of bitterness and spice.
- 1.5 oz. of Blackwell Jamaican Rum.
- .75 oz. of House made Cordial (Verde’s version Fernet)
- .5 oz. of Lime Juice.
- A couple of dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Using a shaker add the ingredients in the order listed above.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain cocktail into Rocks Glass.
- Add ice.
- Garnish with Lime peel.
Stephen Lamb has worked in the industry for about 10 years in Baltimore. During those ten years he has developed an acumen of what alcohol works well and pleases the palate. His cocktail’s tend to be toward a sweet flavor profile. The restaurant Verde is located in Canton in Baltimore City, Verde is a casual, upscale, full-service trattoria specializing in authentic Neapolitan pizza. Verde is developing a reputation for Signature cocktails, so it is worth your time and effort to visit for their food and cocktails.
This is Verde’s version of “Corn & Oil” it is a lighter version, by substituting Dark Rum for Black Strap Rum and adding a small amount of Lime Juice. This Signature Cocktail is a boozy, yet balanced, spicy and complex cocktail. Plus, one of those cocktails that can sneak up on you.
- Simple Syrup.
- 1 oz. of Bluecoat American Gin.
- J. Roget Brut Champagne.
- Squeeze Lemon.
- Add Simple Syrup.
- Add 1 oz. of the Bluecoat American Gin.
- Top off cocktail with J. Roget Brut Champagne.
Bread & Circuses is located in Towson, MD. Towson is the proud home of The Towson Tigers of Towson University. Towson University just received national recognition on American Ninja Warrior with Kacy Catanzaro a graduate and former gymnast of Towson University. Bread & Circuses is surrounded by establishments that cater to the Towson students. So Bread & Circuses is a breath of fresh air in Towson, since it doesn’t serve chicken wings and mozzarella sticks . Bread & Circuses has an extensive list of Signature Cocktails and if you like Scotch, you will enjoy their Scotch selection.
Our bartender in this video is Demi, she has been providing her expert services to Bread & Circuses for three years. She has a sense of humor based on the bio she gave us. At the ripe old age of 22, you can find her at Johns Hopkins during the day performing brain surgery and at night time performing her bartending services at Bread & Circuses. When she retires from her stressful career as a brain surgeon, she plans to work for Sports Illustrated as a location scout and a part time model. We wish her the best in her ambitions.