- 2 oz. Barr Hill Gin.
- .5 oz. of Suze.
- .5 oz. of Arugula Honey Syrup.
- .5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- 1 whole Egg White.
- Angostura Bitters
- Combine all ingredients except bitters into a shaker. Shake contents.
- Add ice to shaker and shake again.
- Strain into a Coup Glass.
- Garnish with Angostura Bitters.
This cocktail is from one of the new hot spots in Baltimore for craft cocktails. Ware House 518 is a contemporary American restaurant in the heart of historic Mt. Vernon. The Louie Bar is craft cocktail destination within Ware House 518 that offers an elevated tippling experience Friday and Saturday from 9:00 pm until 2:00 am.
In this video we have Aden as our bartender, this his first time working with us. He is new to the craft cocktail side of the industry. This craft cocktail is a gin forward cocktail with herbal notes and a full texture created by the egg whites. This is a relatively simple cocktail to make and a pleasing to cocktail to the palate.
- 1.5 oz. of Belle Meade Bourbon.
- .5 oz. Mata Hari Absinthe.
- Several dashes of Fee Brothers Orange Bitters.
- .25 0z. of Agave.
- Orange Twist.
- Add bourbon, absinthe and agave to shaker with ice.
- Shake and pour into Rocks Glass.
- Add several dashes of orange bitters.
- Add the Orange twist and then run around the rim of the glass.
- Garnish with Orange Twist.
Cliff Harris is our bartender in this video from Red Maple. Those of you who have been to our site before should recognize Cliff from Tapas Adela. So if you would like to see other cocktails he has done you may do so by doing a search for Cliff. Red Maple is located in the Mt. Vernon area of Baltimore it is known for its tapas plates with global influences.
Red Maple has received many accolades for its cuisine as well its ambiance. Red Maple offers many different environments for you to enjoy, the Fireside Lounge, Rainbow Room, Garden Terrace and the dance floor. Red Maple also offers Salsa dancing every Tuesday night from 9:30pm until close and Salsa dancing lessons(free) every second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Ask for Martina Miller for more information about the Salsa evenings.
This cocktail has a smooth forward taste of honey, followed by a slight bite from the absinthe.