- 2 oz. of Lyon Dark Rum.
- .5 oz. of Pickett’s. Hot & Spicy Ginger Beer.
- .5 oz. of Lyon Curaçao.
- Add ice to a Collins glass.
- Add the ingredients to Collins in the order listed above.
- Stir gently with bar spoon.
- Garnish with Lime Wheel.
Lyon Distilling Company is a micro distillery located in Saint Michaels, Maryland, steps from the Chesapeake Bay. Founded in 2012, the distillery launched with a signature line of rums paying tribute to the rich, spirited traditions of the Eastern Shore.
If you get the chance to visit St. Michael’s, you should visit the distillery and meet Ben Lyon and Jaime Windon. You will get a chance to taste some of their samples and experience Jaime’s and Ben’s passion for their product.
- 1.25 oz. El Dorado 12 year old Rum.
- .75 oz. Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.
- .25 oz. of San Marzano Liqueur.
- .5 oz. of Lemon Juice.
- 3 Dashes of Orange Bitters.
- Add the ingredients to a shaker with ice in the order listed above.
- Shake ingredients vigorously.
- Double strain into a Martini Glass.
- Garnish with foam and grated nutmeg.
How to make the foam:
- Take the spring from a Hawthorne strainer, place it in a shaker.
- Add .5 oz. of egg whites. 1 large egg is 1 oz. (2 tablespoons). So you can either take out 1 tablespoon or buy a cartoon of egg whites.
- Add .75 oz. of Evolution Brewing Jacques All Lantern.
- .25 oz. of Pumpkin Spice Liqueur.
- Shake really vigorously.
- Float over bar spoon.
- Garnish the foam with freshly grated nutmeg.
Birroteca is a pretty cool restaurant located in Clipper Mill. It has a unique location, an old industrial area of Baltimore called Clipper Mill. Birroteca is known for its Artisan Pizza and Italian Cuisine, it is worth the visit.
Nick who is in the video, uses the same creativity in his cocktails that he uses in ceramic arts. Nick has been in several videos already, so be sure try those as well. Nick Ramey is the creator of this delicious Signature Cocktail and many of the other cocktails you will find at Birroteca. Like many of the bartenders we work with his knowledge of the different brands of alcohol and how they mix with other ingredients is extensive. So you are pretty much guaranteed to get a great cocktail.
This Signature Cocktail is a perfect cocktail for the fall and Halloween Parties. The cocktail has a nice balance of bitterness and spice.
- .75 oz. Agave Syrup.
- .75 oz. Averna Amaro.
- 1.5 oz. Papas Pilar 24 yr. Solera Aged Rum.
- 2 dashes of Regan’s Orange Bitters.
- Add ingredients listed in order listed.
- Stir and strain into a tumbler with ice sphere (optional) regular ice is fine.
- Garnish with Orange Peel.
“Flight of Icarus” from Ouzo Bay which is located in Harbor East, which is a great little area of shops, restaurants and hotels. Ouzo Bay specializes in Greek Cuisine and an assortment of Signature Cocktails that should suit everyone’s taste. They go that extra mile by serving you an after dinner cocktail, Ouzo of course. This has Signature Cocktail has flavor notes of Vanilla, Butterscotch, Toffee, Caramel, and Dark Chocolate. with the blends of Papa’s Pilar 24 yr. Solera Aged Rum, which has notes of vanilla, cinnamon, dark Italian roast coffee and honey, with hints of sherry and port.
The Regan’s Orange Bitters bring in the aroma of fresh orange peel twisted right over the drink.
The sweetness of Agave combined with the Averna Amaro liqueurs smooth rich flavors of vanilla, apricot and dark chocolate.
All of these flavors combined form a very well rounded complex flavorful drink. “Flight of Icarus” is well worth the trip to Ouzo Bay.