- 1/2 oz of Demerara Syrup.
- 2 oz of Sazerac Rye.
- 3 dashes of Peychaud’s Bitters.
- Flamed Absinthe rinse.
- Lemon Peel Garnish.
- Using an Old Fashioned Glass.
- Starting with a misto bottle spray the Old Fashioned Glass with Absinthe fire.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a mixing glass in order listed above.
- Stir properly and double strain into rinsed Old Fashioned Glass.
- Garnish with Lemon Peel.
Preparation of Demerara Syrup:
- 2 to 1 ratio of Demerara granulated sugar by volume with water by volume.
- Bring to simmer (not boil) in a pot until sugar dissolves.
- Allow to cool and it is ready to use.
Will Escalante has been a regular of ours for years now. If you want a great cocktail, I strongly suggest you stop by The Bygone and ask for Will, he has never failed us. The Bygone is located in the The Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Baltimore, MD. It prides itself on fine cuisine and craft cocktails as well as its one of kind view of the Baltimore harbor.